AthensCon is happy to grant press passes to representatives of a limited set of media outlets. Please note that we are only able to make available up to two passes per qualified media outlet or publication, and press attendees will be admitted during general admission show hours. Press passes do not include access to any premium events otherwise requiring the purchase of a separate ticket. To request a pass, please use the form below. Requests for passes must be received by 15/11/2019.
What To Know Before You Apply
Press passes to AthensCon are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes newspapers, magazines etc.
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV channels & Radio stations.
(C) Photo Agencies & Photographers: We are going to provide press passes only if the said agency or photographer agrees to provide us photographs taken in our convention for our files.
(D) INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. We have a limited amount of press passes for internet only press, making it impossible to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
- The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least two (2) years.
- Must have original content updated at least weekly.
- Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
- Your website must have at least 2 verifiable social media pages with more than 2000 followers each. Pages can be on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Soft measures such as professionalism, quality, and history.
- Internet press is limited to 1 passes per web outlet.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. That said report will help you get a press pass the following year. Having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. AthensCon is not responsible for setting up interviews with any celebrity guest, authors, artists, or anyone other special guests attending this event.
We value our featured guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press passes to also maintain this environment. If press pass holders fail to live up to this standard, AthensCon reserves the right to revoke press passes for the current event as well as for future events.