DIMITRIS PATELIS WILL BE LOCATED AT BOOTH B46.
Dimitris Patel’s is a Canadian born Greek, started drawing at the late age of 16 in his ancestral grounds of Greece. Patelis mastered the use of the airbrush in the early 90s, which contributed to his early success. In 1993 he caught the attention of H.R. Giger agent Leslie Barany. By 1994, Leslie began to handle contract negotiations and promotions and was instrumental in sealing the deal on the 1995 Marvel Masterpieces project. Then teamed up with long time friend Lucas Wilton to produce design assets and concepts for the entertainment industry. By 1997, he incorporated computer-aided design and extreme digital techniques to expand his traditional method. By practicing and honing none stereotypical styles and techniques, he constantly reinvents his work while at the same time killing the routine.
After 28 years, his iconic contribution in the 1995 Marvel Masterpieces is still a topic of discussion amongst art collectors and fans of the genre.
Work you might have seen from Dimitris Patel’s:
- Marvel – 1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men Cards
- Marvel Masterpieces 1995 Cards
- Marvel – 1995 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man
- Marvel – 1996 Spider-Man Premium
- Aliens vs. Predator Cards – Topps Comics
- Mars Attacks – Topps Comics – Covers
- Star Wars – Topps Comics – Cards
- Cosmic Encounters – Hasbro – Game Design
- Aliens vs. Predator – Orion/Dark Horse – Covers
- Dungeon Magazine – Cover Art
- DreamWorks – Transformers 1,2 & 3 – Promo Illustrations
- Electronic Arts – Concept Art
- Midway Games – Concept Art
- WWE – Triple H – Poster & DVD Art
- Boneyard Press – Cover Art
- Dwell Records – Album Covers
- Aftermath – Album Covers
- Agent Steel – Album Covers